make-a-day: day 6: crocheted baby block
admittedly, this project technically took about 2 and a half afternoons, since i couldn't finish it sraight through. it partially took that long because, for once, i used an actual pattern and learned a couple new stitches! (i found it in the january 09 issue of crochet today magazine, which is a great issue- i wanted to make everything in it!) i stuffed it with polyfil blocks that i cut to size, as they're usually used for seat cushions. it ended up about 5" square which is a little bigger than i expected, but the finished block is lots of fun! the yarn is 100% cotton sugar and cream, so the whole thing should be washer- and dryer-able when kenna starts knawing on it.